Healers, Helpers, and Counselors
Studies and research for the Water element are geared towards supplementing the wide variety of helping and healing professions, including psychologists, counselors, coaches, naturopaths, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and massage therapists.
The TOTAMS astrological paradigm has much to offer in accelerating the capacity of a helper, healer, or coach to assist others more effectively. Knowledge of the archetypes and the life cycles of a client is immensely helpful to those in the healing professions.
Knowledge of archetypal psychology and The Timeline of Our Lives are extremely helpful navigational tools that can greatly assist organizations, schools, and individuals with an already established practice. In addition to individual and team support, TOTAMS will offer effective presentations and training to the various organizations and schools of healing, counseling, coaching, and education that already exist.
TOTAMS is also committed to working with children and exploring family dynamics while offering additional tools for understanding.
Unlearning Judgment Thanks to Shamanic Astrology
by Sheridan Semple I’ll admit it, I’ve been a judger. I’m not proud of it, but thankfully Shamanic Astrology is challenging me to do better… much better. Even as I began to write, I was embroiled in judgment and felt so hypocritical writing this article. Then, I...
Welcome Helpers, Healers and Counselors
We are glad you are here! Our mission is to assist all helping and healing professions with these life changing tools, including but not limited to: psychologists, counselors, coaches, naturopaths, chiropractors, acupuncturists, energy workers, massage therapists,...
A Deep Look at How Saturn Teaches Us
When life isn't Fair there is hope...and another way to look at it! Healthy Saturn is necessary in any system as it is responsible for structure and form. Life without the Saturn principle would be similar to the experience of always being on a large dose of LSD. This...
Responsibility of the Shamanic Astrologer
by Daniel Giamario, originator of Shamanic Astrology This article is a follow-up to last month’s offering entitled Shamanic Astrology is Not Predictive. I have recently been rereading and reconnecting to some of my original sources of inspiration and guidance from...
Shamanic Astrology is Not Predictive
(Includes thoughts on the Election) By Daniel Giamario I have recently been hearing that some folks have lost faith in astrology because the vast majority of astrologers had “predicted” a Clinton victory. For example, at the recent ISAR Astrology Conference (where I...
Curated resources chosen by TOTAMS Founder Daniel Giamario to further illuminate your understanding of the Water Element.
Water Reading List
Archetypal and Jungian Psychology Books
- Sylvia Perera books:
- Descent To The Goddess: A Way Of Initiation For Women – An excellent understanding of Pluto & Scorpio without astrology itself.
- The Scapegoat Complex: Shadow and Guilt – Remarkable about Capricorn without being astrological per se.
- Celtic Queen Maeve – Marvelous about addiction.
- The Irish Bull God – Excellent concerning pre-patriarchal masculinity.
- The War of the Gods in Addiction: C.G.Jung, Alcoholics Anonymous, and Archetypal Evil by David Schoen
- Die Wise and Come of Age by Stephen Jenkinson – Mind-bending and essential end-of-life understandings and the nature of elderhood.
- Martin Prechtel books: All of his books are so great, but I especially love Stealing Benefacio’s Roses concerning the inner sacred marriage process from a man’s perspective; and The Smell of Rain on Dust concerning grief and so much more.
Charles Ponce books:
- Alchemy: Papers Toward A Radical Metaphysics
- Working the Soul
- The Archetype of the Unconscious and the Transfiguration of Therapy
- The Game Of Wizards (essay)
- Goddesses In Every Woman and Gods In Every Man by Jean Bolen
- Four Eternal Women: Toni Wolff Revisited by Mary Dian Molton and Lucy Anne Sikes
- Toni Wolff & C.G.Jung: A Collaboration by Nan Savage Healy
- James Hillman books: All of his books stimulate the reader in many of the same realms as TOTAMS Astrology, especially A Terrible Love of War, The Soul’s Code, and ReVisioning Psychology.
- The Eden Project: The Search of the Magical Other and Under Saturn’s Shadow by James Hollis
- Earth Honoring: The New Male Sexuality by Robert Lawlor – A global and historical analysis of sex and gender that most corresponds to the TOTAMS approach.
- C.G.Jung books: The Red Book and The Aion, and so many others.
- The Goddess: Mythological Images of the Feminine by Christine Downing
- When God Was a Woman and Ancient Mirrors of Womanhood by Merlin Stone
- The Way of All Women and Woman’s Mysteries by Esther Harding
- Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Estes
- Sex at Dawn by Ryan and Jetha
- Jung and the Story of Our Time by Laurens Van der Post
Novels related to the Archetypal
- Marion Zimmer Bradley books: The Mists of Avalon and most of the latter Darkover Series beautifully elucidates the complexities of archetypal Virgo and other feminine archetypes damaged, or not understood, by patriarchy.
- Evangeline Walton books: The marvelous four books of The Books of the Welsh Mabinogion, and the brilliant novel The Sword is Forged.
- Ariadne: A Novel of Ancient Crete and Phaedra: A Novel of Ancient Athens by June Rachuy Brindel
- A Mantis Carol by Laurens Van der Post
- The Overstory by Richard Powers – A sweeping overview of our times.
- The Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson – A great deal of information about Eris, among other delights.
subscribing to our FREE bi-monthly newsletter
Learn More About TOTAMS
Follow the links below for more in-depth learning about the school and its unique approach to astrology.